Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Meal of the Week: Thanksgiving Dinner

There were hats

and football games to watch (notice JP doing a handstand in the back?)

and there was FOOD! 

Thanksgiving Menu:
Butter Herb Turkey and sage gravy : I used Bobby Flay's recipe for herb butter and gave the turkey a good massage with it, then I took a short cut and stuck the turkey in a basting bag... my fear of dry turkey was too great. 
Dave did the carving, and the thing exploded on one side when he cut into it...I guess it was still too hot or something? When he was done it looked like an animal had attacked the the poor bird. :-) It was pretty funny.  Still tasted good.
 I also used Bobby's recipe for gravy which includes some white wine and sage with the stock. I could drink this stuff.
mashed potatoes
corn
lil' smokies w/cranberry maple glaze
Sweet Potato Casserole: my mom is visiting and she made the sweet potato part, while I made the topping.  She made it with less sugar and blended it more so it was creamier and it turned out eve better than before!  My dad couldn't get enough of the stuff!
Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce: PW's recipe again- we added a little orange rind and a squeeze of fresh orange juice.  Also delicious, though intense.  We're now using the left overs on toast.
green bean casserole (you know, the recipe on the back of the can of french fried onions...?)
dinner rolls
Stove Top stuffing

Pumpkin Cake
Apple Pie





2 comments: