Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fireplace makeover, regardless.

Sorry I haven't posted in over a week. I've had the flu since last Thursday.  I hate it.  More so because it prevents me from accomplishing anything than the feeling of simply being sick.  My to-do lists are just waiting around looking at me... my children are restless... and the fireplace makeover is taking 10x longer to finish... but I am still working on it a little each day because I really really want to have it finished for before the holidays.
This is what it looked like when we bought the house:

I thought about white-washing the brick. Or liming it... but Dave really liked it 'raw'... and since our couches are a rusty-in-some-places-maroony-in-others-looking leather, I thought we could pull off the bare brick.  But there are other small changes that we're in the process of making, in hopes for a big difference.  I can't wait to be done with them and show you what we decided to do! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I really love (and am a little jealous I admit) of the shelving on either side of the fireplace. Such a great setup! I'm sure you will make it look amazing like everything else you touch=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Annie, thanks for the compliment! We really love the bookshelves, too... although it is so tempting for me to clutter them up. I'm still trying to decide what to set on them (most of our books are in the bookshelves in the office...) We need toy and DVD storage in this room- finding a way to make it practical and look nice is going to be a challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baskets on the bottom one or two shelves are a great way to keep your toys and DVDs organized and neat.

    ReplyDelete