Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Don't Let Your Kids Do This.

In my desperation to find something entertaining for JP to do, I gave him some dry erase markers and said, "Hey, kid. Go draw pictures on the refrigerator."  He gave me a weird look.  I tried it out and showed him that it would erase.  'Look at that,' I thought to myself.  'Something to do with a spanking' white refrigerator!'  He surprised me by tracing magnetic letters and spelling 'Mom.' I consider this my Mother's Day gift. 


Well, that night, I scrubbed and scrubbed and it smudged and smudged.  Not even my good friend baking soda could make a dent in it. :-( I wanted to warn you in case you ever find yourself thinking that letting your kids write on your refrigerator with markers is a good idea.  I know you're desperate, but please, Don't Let Your Kids Do This!

PS. Any ideas as to how on earth I can clean this stupid idea off my fridge?

9 comments:

  1. Did you try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser??
    Btw: love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest the Magic Eraser too, I've gotten markers off the wall with that years ago. Good luck friend. And Rubbing Alcohol gets off permanent marker. I use Permanent Markers on my wine glasses to identify who they are and use R.A. to take it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or Nail polisher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way he wanted say Happy mother's day MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If rubbing alcohol doesn't work try sol u mel, it's a natural cleanser that works on almost all surfaces and I've used it to get dry erase marker off clothing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paint thinner is probably your only option... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. and the winner is.... RUBBING ALCOHOL!!! Thanks for the tips, everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last night I wen to bed and was thinking about what I wrote... Nail polish REMOVER!!!! that I wanted say.....
    Glad Rubbing Alcohol worked!!!

    ReplyDelete