Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Q-Tip Pointillism

Today I had the boys paint little pictures of fall trees that I'm going to use for thank-you cards.  I first saw the idea on the Crafty Crow.
I love it because it's easy enough for toddlers to do. They can mix colors, press hard or softly to make big or little dots, learn about Seurat/pointillism... how ever in-depth you want to take it.  And when they're done, no brushes to clean; just throw away the q-tips!
I cut out pieces of blue construction paper and sketched bare trees onto them.  Then we talked for a bit about all the beautiful fall colors we're seeing, and as they told me each color, I put some of that color paint on a paper plate for them.

Sitting at our kitchen table, we didn't need to look far for some inspiration...

I had to climb up onto a chair and capture how differently their paint plates looked...  I know they are 1.5 years apart, but 2 years ago, JP was just as neat. :-)  They're just different types of artists.  That's all.

JP=Fine Art  Ezra=Abstract Art

No comments:

Post a Comment