Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Some word art.


A few weeks ago I found a roses print at an antique store (the Estate Specialist!)  Today I decided to turn it into some word art.  I looked over the tutorial on A Beautiful Mess blog where she does a great job explaining it.  I used removable vinyl letters instead of the permanent ones like she'd used because that's what I had.  I actually think it may have worked better.  I was able to reposition them easily and didn't get the bleed-through to the extent she did.  I used acrylic paints like she did, but then I peeled off the letters when the paint was still a little wet.  That's because acrylic is a plastic, and will peel once dry.  I didn't want to peel off the paint along with my letters.  You can see in some of my close-up photos where this still happened a little because I had three or four layers of paint (for texture) and the bottom layers had already dried.



Happy week-end, friends :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment