Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Boy's Shared Room

Over the past week the boys kept wanting to sleep in each others' rooms at night so they wouldn't be scared.  That's when Dave and I decided to put their beds in the same room permanently.  I always thought it would be fun (or at least a good learning experience) for kids to share a room, and of course, it's always nice to have an extra room in the house as well.  

Today I hung up these clipboards to display the boys' artwork, bible verses, or special photos (bottom left corner is a photo of the orphan they will write letters to from Kazakhstan). 
 I taped off the metal clip and spray painted the boards navy blue.  

I left the clips down while I sprayed and was surprised that you could barely see a line where the clip had pressed against the board.  I think the trick was taping tightly to the metal clip and not leaving any tape hanging over, and then spraying well on both sides of the clip.

 JP really wants an airplane bedroom, so I plan on painting some simple clouds on the walls, maybe hanging a model airplane or a string of paper airplanes across the ceiling, and sewing some monogramed cloud pillows for each of them.  These Jungle Animal paintings I made a few years ago are hanging up now, but won't be for long.  If you're interested in them, you can purchase them here. :-)

1 comment: