Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Rug & then some things about the foyer.

Remember when I was rug-hunting and had narrowed down my final three choices and asked you for your vote?  I really, sincerely appreciated your input.  :-) To those of you who voted, thank-you.
But I didn't end up getting any of those rugs. :-/
I really liked #1, but somebody I live with said he didn't like synthetic fibers.  I almost went with rug #2, and then worried that it would be too dark with our dark furniture and show lint, etc.  Then I almost went with rug #3, but worried it was not the right feel I was going for and would limit wall color selection for the future.  Then I found the Ivory/Gold 9x12' Tribal Rug from Overstock.com.
I took a risk ordering it online knowing the picture you see isn't always what you get.  The description many people left was that it appeared grey in the center instead of ivory, which didn't bother me a bit.  It's definitely not ivory, but it's not a true grey, either.  It's more like a cream and griege sort of heathered together- oatmeal-ish in color; light enough to hide lint, but textured enough to hide dirt.  I love it!  I love the bluish greys mixed with golds- the gold border, and just enough touches of so many colors in the palette I was going for:  eggplant, light olive, burgundy, rust... leaving potential for a lot of different future wall colors.  As promised, here are some photos of the new rug:




In other news, I found this great solid wood carved gold frame at a Goodwill for $25.  The oil painting inside is growing on me as well.  I especially like the way the light looks like it's spilling out of the painting in this photo:
I sort of want to turn it vertically and paint over it with some kind of entry way greeting/blessing and hang it above that little credenza.  Dave and my dad painted the foyer grey last week-end and it looks so pretty against the yellow door. :-)



2 comments:

  1. paint over it!! :) it's beautiful and all but, I would love to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is beautiful, in a very Bob Ross-y sort of way... i have so many ideas, i just need to narrow them down! thanks for your encouragement, Sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete