Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Click Here.

I just wanted to share a few links with you this evening!

1.  LENT.  Lent began today! I was raised in a Baptist church, and lent was not something our denomination practiced.  But I can truly appreciate the intention of lent; not as a means of working your way to salvation, but working out your salvation.  Preparing your heart for Easter.  Sacrificing in a way to know Christ and remember Christ.  Ann Voskamp says it best (CLICK HERE) where she also gives a free Easter devotional book to make a Jesus Easter Tree.  For lent, I am giving up my computer during the day (until the kids are in bed).  I waste so much time getting ideas on Pinterest, connecting with grown-ups on facebook... ten minutes here and there adds up!  For the next 40 days I want to use those minutes instead to go to God in prayer.  Read his word.  And just listen. I'm excited to see what will happen over the next forty days.  Are you giving up anything for lent?

2. JP began piano lessons.  We just love his teacher.  If you're in the area and are interested let me know and I'll give you her info.  She is awesome and has four well-behaved young men to prove it.  She told me a few weeks ago about the Doorposts Parenting Resources (CLICK HERE).   I can't totally vouch for them since I haven't ordered them yet, but I certainly plan on doing so.  They have great charts for both positive (blessing chart) and negative (if...then charts) reinforcement, and also books to reference when your child misbehaves.  I think it's so important to EXPLAIN what God says about behavior; good or bad.  Pretty excited about this new and useful tool to help us grow these sweet boys into amazing MEN.

3.  Since we're talking about charts... I started potty-training Ezra (now 2.5 years) after we returned from Michigan after Christmas.  It seems like just yesterday I was writing about my potty training adventures with JP.  My babies are growing up!!! I found this adorable potty chart (CLICK HERE).  And since I didn't want JP to feel left out of the whole chart-thing, I put him to work and printed out this chore chart (CLICK HERE) for him!  Once they both fill out their charts we take them to get ice cream.  They turn their charts in to the girl behind the counter (she always plays along ;-) and are so proud!


4.  Since we're talking about ice cream... I made these scones the other evening (in preparation to watch 'Downton Abbey'... if you don't know what that is yet, please educate yourself HERE).  Anyway- the scones were so delicious.  I don't even want to tell you how many Dave and I ate that night and how quickly they disappeared... but they were delicious.  All credit to the lady who came up with the recipe for these blueberry lemon scones (CLICK HERE). (My only modifications were adding an extra tablespoon of sugar ((couldn't help myself)) and 1/2c blueberries 1/2c frozen raspberries).  If you are a scone lover, give this recipe a try! You won't be disappointed ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment