Seems like yesterday I spent hours feeding, snuggling, reading to my babies in this little yellow rocker...
And at the same time I think... surely it has been longer than four years ago? How has such a short time changed the way I think so drastically? How has such a short time entirely transformed my heart? I'm so happy for that change. Change is good, right? We all grow up one way or another... and so it is with the Rocking Chair. I almost put her up on Craig's List, but figured I wouldn't get much for her. That's when I decided maybe she could grow up, too. It's not quite the chapter for me to pick out an amazing fabric and have new a slipcover made (that day will come, I assure you!), but the other day I did take off the rockers (sniff*)...
found some cute little wooden legs at Lowe's and painted them a shiny 'griege' (Scherwin Williams "Warm Stone" in high gloss)... jumped on the bandwagon and bought this adorable pillow from Target by Dwell Studio that I keep seeing everywhere...

Put them all together, and here she is!
I think she looks good grown up a bit, and I'm glad we still have her to remember the rocker-days. :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment