Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to Make Roman Shades out of Mini Blinds

Awhile ago, I tried to make my own roman shades.  They looked like this:
They turned out alright, but by the time I'd purchased the fabric, the rods, eye hooks, string, and figured out how to put it all together and sew it, I remember wishing I had just bought some!

In our new home, there are white mini blinds in every window.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it's just not the look I'm going for.  Buying roman shades for all the windows gets a bit pricey, and making a roman shade from scratch is something that I'm not interested in trying again.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make roman shades from pre-existing mini blinds, and then I found this tutorial.  Turns out, it is possible, and they look great! I love this idea since the framework and pulley system is already in place for your new shade- all you need is some fabric and fabric glue- no sewing is even necessary!  Cheaper than making your own roman shades, and so much simpler! Click Here to Find the tutorial at The Little Green Notebook!
photo found via Pearl Street Designs




No comments:

Post a Comment