Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Before-8 AM-Craft

ZZZzzzzz. Barely daybreak.  Dave's alarm hasn't yet gone off.  
Then in the background of a dream I hear our doorknob turn, little feet shuffling on the carpet.
"Mommy, it's 9-1-2- point."
I'm half awake now. "Huh?"
"It's 9-1-2- point to get into my room."
Okay, I think I get it.  Maybe he was inspired by the neighborhood pool passcode, or maybe it was a Special Agent OSO cartoon, but he is pretending, or maybe just dreamed that to enter his room you need to know a special passcode.  And this is it.  And please don't tell anyone:
912. 
Sometimes you just need to run with the moment.  Especially when your dreams start talking to you.

Here's a foam number panel to hang on your door knob.  Every little boy that desires privacy should probably have one.  Here's a chance to practice writing numbers (block style, of course) on the cut out foam squares, ordering them, and fun glueing them on with the biggest glue "dots" you can make. :-)
 Thank-you, JP for inspiring our Before-8am-craft today!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! And, again, thanks for sharing another cute story and idea :)

    ReplyDelete