Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Highchair Makeover!

Meet the newest member of the Nook Chair Makeovers!
No, I did not steal that highchair from a restaurant.  You can stop asking.  My mom got a deal on it at a garage sale.  Ever since then, I wanted to add some paint to it!
What I Did:   I decided to keep the legs the stained wood because I think it will hold up better than paint with all the scrub downs it gets, plus I like the contrast of natural wood against white paint!  I sanded down the varnish, primed it, and painted it with the leftover cabinet coat paint we had used on the cabinets.  I decided to do the chevron pattern on the seat and back of the highchair.  It was harder than I thought it would be.  Measuring and placing the tape exactly where I wanted it took some time, and there was a bit of a bleed through under the masking tape.  I touched it up with a small brush after I took off the masking tape. 
What I Learned:  If I did it again I would use blue painting tape, and run a damp cloth over the edges to seal them down before painting.

 Ezra likes his 'new' chair.  Notice that he's not wearing any pants... When I do these projects something's gotta give... 



 'Look, Mom's taking pictures of a chair!'

 'Where? I can't seeeee!!!'

 Ahh,  that's better! hehehe

 P.S. I added some plates above the window in the nook to add some interest :-)

PPS.  I also painted these letters to put on the kitchen shelves.  

PPPS.  This fabric covered and framed cork board is now in the nook, too.  I plan on using it for educational purposes.  Right now it displays the verse of the week.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Pretty humbling to think about seeing as I can barely re-create a chair.   ;-)

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented. can I have some of your talent? Maybe I just ask you to do a favor again for our house too! Great jobs! I love them all!!!
    The last picture of the bible verse I thought that was your hubby! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete