Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

We Have The Tie

Have you ever stared at a men's tie long enough to notice that one end looks just like the other end, only smaller?

 It was with this extraordinary revelation that I thought to myself, I could make a little man's tie out of a big man's tie without much trouble at all.  And not just with normal ties, but with interesting vintage ties and the likes. So, I gave it a try.

1. I cut a tie in half. (Save the wide end of the tie though, in case you want to try making a few other things...)

2. I sewed the cut end of the tie into that nice little triangle (trickiest part- if anyone wants to know how I'll go into more detail!)

3. I tied a tie and stitched the back of the knot so it wouldn't come untied.

4. Then I cut the neck loop part of the tie in half and sloppily stitched on some velcro~  no one will see it anyway, right?


5. Finally, I stuck it on my kid and took a slew of photos.  The lighting was perfect. And Ezra has never been so adorable and playful with the camera.  It was a shining moment.  Then I went to download the pictures and realized there was no memory card in my camera! Ggggrrrr! So I tried again.  And the lighting wasn't the same. And Ezra wanted a snack. He was over the camera.

 But he still wore the tie...
 Why are we doing this AGAIN?
What is it about little boys and ties?


Mothers of little sons, if you like this idea I hope you get a chance to try it!  We may not have bows and headbands to primp with, or skirts and leggings to mix-and-match, and we may only have 1/2 an aisle of shoes to browse at Target instead of four entire girlie shoe aisles... but Dagnabbit, we have the tie.
We have the tie!!! :-)))

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! I'm going to have to get a couple ties and try to make some for Isaac. Thanks for posting
    Marie

    ReplyDelete