Just a little about what JP's been into lately!
Because he's a careful little guy, I allow him to type on a Word program on my laptop. It allows him to 'spell' things that he knows how to spell, but that he doesn't quite have the coordination to write. He LOVES it!
Every once in a while, I'll find that he's pulled his number book out of the activity closet and has filled it out. On this particular day, I found the book completely filled out. He had gone through each page and written out each number and drawn the corresponding number of lines on the opposite page (in purple dry-erase marker). Just lately he's been more interested in how to spell numbers, and not just write them.
He likes to order numbers. :-) Yesterday he had written, "EZRA1JP3DAD37MOM32". It took me a minute to realize he had grouped our ages next to our names :-)
We traced our shadows.
JP wanted to draw a racetrack for his bike.
Ezra got some new crayons. JP came up with an excuse to use Ezra's crayons... Label the box for his little brother. I helped him with the Z and the A.
Here's a page of JP's writing. He doesn't draw pictures yet, but he likes to make letters and numbers. I made the two fours in the upper-right hand corner, and it looks like he tried to trace them with a purple crayon to make 'bubble letters'. I did the six in the upper left hand corner as well, but the rest is all him. After he wrote Ezra's name he tried to connect the letters. He told me it was 'cursive'. Something about this picture makes me really happy. I like how he tries so hard and stays focused on writing for hours. This probably took him two very focused hours of trying to make perfect letters and numbers. I don't know if it's his color choices or the way he deliberately spaces everything out, but something about it reminds me of a Josef Frank print. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment