A few weeks ago, a friend of mine (who I helped throw this baby shower for a year ago) asked me to decorate for her little girl's first birthday party. Of course I said an enthusiastic YES! I would never pass up an opportunity to help a good friend, or an excuse to get my fill of girly things!
There are so many cute ideas out there, and I decided to get our first inspiration from cupcakes. Ena's favorites were these little yellow flower cupcakes from Martha Stewart. But she also wanted to work turtles into the mix, so I'm making turtle and flower cupcake toppers, and going with a yellow, green, aqua color palette.
I also wanted to give making those fabric pennant banners I keep seeing everywhere a shot... so I checked out Fabric.com and ordered fabric from Nicey Jane. It arrived in a few days neatly wrapped around a tube, and the thickness, smooth texture, and vibrance of colors did not disappoint! The fabric is absolutely gorgeous and I am so excited to create something with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment