Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck and Blessings

The Luck of the Irish may or may not be with me today.
I didn't get to make those green pancakes because I had to rush and get myself and the kids ready for the Community Bible Study I try to attend each Thursday.  I would have almost made it on time, too, except just yards before the church driveway, I encountered a detour which took me in a big loop and I got turned around and ended up being a little late.  But luckily~ we made it for the first time in weeks!
Afterwards, I drove by our old house so the kids could wave to it.  On my way I ran into our old mailman, Barry.  I really miss Barry.  He was such a friendly guy.  I miss having that small town feel of someone delivering the mail straight to your door as well.  Anyway, luckily I ran into Barry because he informed me that the change of address form I'd filled out on line was a big scam (yes, I gave my credit card number to these people!) The scam artists charged me $20 for the change of address.  I was only supposed to have been charged $1.  I hope they don't charge anymore!  Luckily Barry filled out an old-fashioned change of address form for us at the post office.
Later, after lunch, I took the kids outside to play.  I was pleasantly surprised to see all sorts of perennials and bulbs popping up!  And I didn't even have to plant them!

Then we got locked out of the house.  But luckily I had my wits about me and figured out how to open the window screen so we could all crawl in through the window.
Then, just moments ago... I was on my computer when all of the sudden something popped-up and said, "You are today's $1,000 Walmart Gift Card Winner!"  So I went to claim it and fill out a form.  It was really exciting.  It all looked legit. (but then again, so did the USPS website!) I didn't need to enter anything but my name and address... so what's the worst that could happen?  I get junk mail?  Just as I was finishing filling out the form... my computer battery died and the whole thing shut down!!!  I'm just going to imagine that it was some kind of scam and LUCKILY I was saved from getting myself into more trouble!
Wow.  What a lucky girl I am! Ha!

Now, enough about luck.  One of the ladies in CBS (who just so happens to be Irish!) sang us an Irish Blessing today, which I would like to pass along to you:


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Luck has nothing to do with it, you are blessed by God. I love reading about you and your young sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it comical that this chain of events occurred today, but I definitely agree with you, Susan! I am undeniably blessed by our loving and merciful God! Even when circumstances disappoint, He remains true!
    Thank-you for reading my blog and for leaving a comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete