Today's advent card reads:
Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
~ Washington Irving
Spend a day volunteering in a soup kitchen or homeless shelter, or "adopt" a less-fortunate family and chip in to help them with a few gifts and other items that they otherwise might not be able to afford. Or you could put together a food basket filled with everything needed for a great Christmas dinner. Generosity with your time is as appreciated as financial generosity-- and it's needed year-round.
****************************************************
While on the topic of generosity, I wanted to share a "Christmas Challenge" that I read about in a Thriving Family magazine. The article challenges us to give three anonymous gifts this season; one to represent each of the gifts brought by the three wise men.
Frankincense: a gift for spiritual growth
Myrrh: a practical gift
Gold: a gift that fulfills a want
****************************************************
While on the topic of generosity, I wanted to share a "Christmas Challenge" that I read about in a Thriving Family magazine. The article challenges us to give three anonymous gifts this season; one to represent each of the gifts brought by the three wise men.
Frankincense: a gift for spiritual growth
Myrrh: a practical gift
Gold: a gift that fulfills a want
****************************************************
photo from weheartit
"When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy."
Matthew 2:10
No comments:
Post a Comment