Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Something to do with dough scraps


This stands out to me above all other childhood treats.  Dough scraps.  Every time my mom made a crust of some sort, she would use the scraps to make these mini crunchy cinnamon rolls.
Here's what you do.
Take your remaining dough and roll it out.
Smear on some butter,
sprinkle on some sugar and cinnamon,
or brown sugar,
or all of the above.
Maybe throw in some chopped pecans if you're into that sort of thing?



Then roll the whole thing up and slice into mini rolls. Don't do what I did and slice first.  It was late and I wasn't on my game (this also explains the dark photos).
Set on a baking sheet.
Maybe 350 for 15-30 minutes??? I'm not really sure, so keep an eye on them!



They taste a lot better than this picture portrays.
Now eat them and feel good about not wasting your pie dough!


PS.  If you don't have one of these little guys, they are amazing at keeping your brown sugar nice and soft!





No comments:

Post a Comment