
I'm not gonna lie. When the Virginians rushed outside after the first powdery snow to try and make snowmen, I scoffed. Ha!
But now, NOW... that the snow is ripe- I emerge from my castle with my little prince in tow. Royalty of the North. Here to grace my Southern neighbors with a snowman done RIGHT. I was pretty sure their expectations were high.
I imagined they were all watching intently out their windows as I rolled, packed, and rubbed the snow into perfect spheres. At least I know that JP watched (while shoving handful after handful of snow into his mouth... a little dirt won't hurt him, right?)
Once the snowman was assembled, I pulled out my trusty "Snowman Kit"-- (making snowman kits was a project I'd worked on last year for Christmas gifts). Kit included: one hat, one scarf, one pipe, one nose, and... uh, oh--one eye??? which led me to dig into our Halloween costumes looking for an eye patch. I had so much fun dressing Captain Holmes, that I sortof wanted to keep undressing and redressing him in various outfits. The only thing stopping me? Imagining the neighbors scoffing at me!
Wondering if I should start collecting old costumes and making recycled parts snowman kits for my etsy shop... hmmmm.
But now, NOW... that the snow is ripe- I emerge from my castle with my little prince in tow. Royalty of the North. Here to grace my Southern neighbors with a snowman done RIGHT. I was pretty sure their expectations were high.
I imagined they were all watching intently out their windows as I rolled, packed, and rubbed the snow into perfect spheres. At least I know that JP watched (while shoving handful after handful of snow into his mouth... a little dirt won't hurt him, right?)
Once the snowman was assembled, I pulled out my trusty "Snowman Kit"-- (making snowman kits was a project I'd worked on last year for Christmas gifts). Kit included: one hat, one scarf, one pipe, one nose, and... uh, oh--one eye??? which led me to dig into our Halloween costumes looking for an eye patch. I had so much fun dressing Captain Holmes, that I sortof wanted to keep undressing and redressing him in various outfits. The only thing stopping me? Imagining the neighbors scoffing at me!
Wondering if I should start collecting old costumes and making recycled parts snowman kits for my etsy shop... hmmmm.
PS. For the sake of education, I must throw in here that today JP and I reviewed 'melting ice' and also learned about tracks in the snow. We followed some kitty-cat tracks, car tracks, and made our own footprints. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment