Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Crayon Hearts: Sorting and Science


image above was taken from www.lilbooandco.etsy.com




Somewhere I heard someone talking about using those silicon muffin trays to melt crayon wax in, and I ran with that thought. JP and I peeled the paper off his old broken crayons (fine motor skills), practiced sorting them in different ways (and ended up putting blue and greens together, oranges and reds together, and reds pinks and whites together for V-day). Then we talked about heat melting things and popped the hearts in the oven on a cookie tray for support and watched the magic happen. I took a wild guess and put them in at 350 degrees for 10 minutes... it probably didn't need to be so hot, though! Then just cool and pop out! JP carried those hearts around all day today and talked about all the colors and how we peeled the crayons and how they melted. He was pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment