Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pooped

Yes, I'm going to talk potty again and then I promise I'll let it rest (for a little while, at least!) Chances are you're sick of hearing about potty training and, if I may be so cheesy: all this potty-talk has got me "pooped" (insert eye-roll).

Without further ado:

  1. Good Report: JP makes a poopy in his potty chair, dumps it into the toilet, and flushes it all by himself. He filled up his sticker chart and received a plastic bat and ball which he was completely excited about. That night we had a big boy sleeping with his arms around his proudly earned baseball bat.
  2. Confession: I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing with potty-training. I'm not really sure where I go from here... Do I ask him if he needs to go to the bathroom every hour? Sit him on the toilet after each diaper change? Put him in big boy underwear and hope for the best? Ummm... This website looks like it could be pretty helpful. It talks about five different approaches to potty-training.

Please feel free to share your experiences and wisdom with me!

1 comment:

  1. With Judah (now close to 2 and half yrs.), I have found that what works best for him is to have him in undies all day (except for naps). He does well with taking himself but does need to be reminded or encouraged to go have a sit down on the potty. With his undies on, even if he does have an accident he will tell me for sure cause he doesn't like the feel of it. If he has a pull up or diaper on, forget it he wouldn't tell me. He probably doesn't even feel it much. I would say if JP is doing really well with going you should reward him with "big boy undies" (maybe in his favorite character) and he will be excited about it... For more advice on potty training unconventionally read Diaper Free by Ingrid Bauer.

    ReplyDelete