Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ornament Craft

Hi, there!  How was your Thanksgiving?  We had such a lovely time with my parents in town.  My mom helped me make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner filled with all our favorite comfort foods.
We also put up our Christmas tree this past weekend and made some ornaments for our tree.
Have you seen this idea?  A few years ago my mom told me I could make ornaments out of toilet paper rolls... I think she saw it on 'Martha Stewart'?  But I feel like it's really one of those ideas that a million people thought of separately, with slightly different variations.  This is our variation.

1. Take an empty paper towel roll.

2. Squish it flat.

 3. Cut it into about one inch rings.

 4.  Paint the rings; inside first, then the outside. The kids used washable paint. Let dry.

 5.  A grown-up hot glues the ends together to make a star-like or poinsettia-like shape.


 6.  Kids paint or dip the stars in glue and sprinkle with glitter.  Towards the end I just dumped the glitter in the glue and painted the glitter on, and that was my favorite look of all. :-)

7.  I started punching holes in the 'petals' for a string, but there's no need.  You can just stick a branch through one of the rings and hang it directly to the tree!



The kids are already so excited for Christmas!  I love it... Having a Tree Decorating Party and making some ornaments is such a fun way to kick off the season with your kiddos~ Let the festivities begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment