Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Helpful Washing Machine Tip

I am so thrilled to have a laundry room on the main level now!  Really, I feel spoiled.  I had been bundling up in a jacket every time I needed to trudge down to our drafty dark and dank basement to wash clothes.  
But now it's right there, bright and sunny, just around the corner from the kitchen, and I have no excuse to fall behind in laundry!  I've also been noticing a slightly funky smell coming from the washing machine (Dave hasn't noticed, just my super sensitive schnoz!).  When I told my friend about it, she gave me this great common sense tip: run a cycle free of clothes and with a cup of white vinegar, and then keep the lid up between loads to air out.  I tried it and the funk is gone. Genius!  Did you know that little trick? I love little bits of useful information like this!

Here's our new laundry room! :-) (picture taken before I knew the 'keep the lid up' trick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment