I truly believe that a cupcake and a friend is as good a party as any, but oh, how I do love an excuse to create! Here are photos of some of the decorations I've been working on for sweet Emma's first birthday party!
Party Hat! I put it together with fabric and trimmings hot-glued onto poster board!
Remember that headband I made? I wanted the same 'ruched' flower look on top of the party hat so I cut circles out of the scraps of fabric and pinched and glued them on top of the hat until my heart was content!
I happened to have a letter "E" sitting around my house (???) So I sat down one afternoon and painted with JP. These plates were my inspiration:
Spring plates from Target!
I used scrapbook paper and lollipop sticks to make these cupcake toppers.
And these pennant flags! Haa.... these little buggers! I've seen them all over the place, and they're never done the same way. I decided to try to sew these, but had a lot of sewing machine issues :-( So sad to have knots all over this pretty fabric! After days of trying to figure it out and even a failed trip to the sewing machine repair people, I gave up and used the glue gun!
If I've learned anything making these decorations it is that I LOVE GLUE GUNS!!!
The birthday party is this Saturday! Can't wait to put everything up and celebrate~ hoping the rain holds off... and will have pictures up Monday!
Happy Weekend, Friends!


Love the party hat and the flags!!! (the E is beautiful too!) To be totally honest I sewed one for my sister's shower and I think glue would have worked just the same...you're not missing out on anything :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rachael! Oh, man... sewing is NOT my thing! I'm a glue-gun girl! ha!
ReplyDelete