JP was eating a snack of yogurt and cereal at the table when I ran upstairs for a few minutes.
When I came back down, I was shocked to find this creation :
My first reaction was to reprimand him for playing with his food. But I stopped myself. He is a really meticulous eater, so the fact that he had decided to do this with his snack must have been born of pure 3-year-old inspiration. It was too funny and too creative. We encourage things like that around here. So I laughed. Then I stared at it for a minute. "It's a mouse!" he said proudly.
"Yes, it IS a mouse!" I laughed. How amazing! How did he ever come up with an idea like this??? It's not like we sit around making sculptures out of food around here (okay, maybe just this once!) Ha!

Ah, the simple things in life - who needs expensive toys when you have dice and cereal :) Hoping Landon is as creative as JP!
ReplyDelete