Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Friends and Family Owls


These were painted for a little girl's pink and green nursery.  Her mommy wanted bright colors and I wanted to try to tie in the bright green walls with the set while making a set that went well together.  Her initials were stamped unto the flowers to add a personal touch.  I was really pleased with the way these turned out, although I am still working on making the photos look like the actual paintings. The owl on the far left in Bffs appears red, although she's really hot pink, and I still need to play around with setting on my camera to get a larger image size w/more pixels...
Hopefully things will be more fine-tuned by the end of August and I will re-open my little Etsy shop.  

Bffs

These sweet owl chicks are out on a limb
 holding wings,  while the little family below snuggles up in a wreath of flowers.  It still feels wrong painting owls hanging out in the middle of the day, so I splashed some yellow along the bottom of the canvas to create a dawn or dusk mood and make the whole thing a little more believable (ha!) Then again, owls don't have flowers for eyes or hearts for noses either, so I guess I'm just breaking the rules, here!

Owl Family

No comments:

Post a Comment