After years of living with my husband and two sons in a world of blue, I recently had the perfect excuse to get the PINK out of my system. My beautiful friend, Ena, is expecting her first baby AND... it will be a GIRL!!! Last Saturday I joined some ladies in throwing Ena a baby shower, and thought I would share some of our ideas. If you like them, use them!
DECORATIONS:
Since Ena is Japanese, everyone is thirsty for spring, and she's having a GIRL- we chose a theme of "Cherry Blossoms"~ shades of pink & brown
GAMES:
1. Address Raffle: Guests filled out an envelope with their address and placed it in a basket for a handful of raffles drawn by Ena throughout the shower. The envelopes will hopefully make writing thank-yous an easy task for our Mommy-to-Be. :-)
2. The Big Momma Purse Game: Guests gather in teams of 2-3 at their table for a purse scavenger hunt.
3. Pregnant with Anticipation Estimation: Guests pass around balls of yarn and cut an estimated circumference of Ena's belly. When I read about this game, it was reccomended that you ask the mother-to-be if she is comfortable with people guessing her waistline. I was pretty sure I knew Ena well enough to know that she is a very open person, but I asked her anyway. She responded by telling me if I wanted, people could guess the circumference of her growing bustline as well. Ahh, Ena. I love you!
Oh, and of course we gave away lots of prizes!
FOOD: I had nothing to do with the food, but I feel like I should include this since it's pretty essential to any social event. The two other ladies in charge of that did an incredible job; punch, cherry tarts, meatballs, veggie tray, hummus dip w/pita chips... and a beautiful cake!

DECORATIONS:
Since Ena is Japanese, everyone is thirsty for spring, and she's having a GIRL- we chose a theme of "Cherry Blossoms"~ shades of pink & brown
GAMES:
1. Address Raffle: Guests filled out an envelope with their address and placed it in a basket for a handful of raffles drawn by Ena throughout the shower. The envelopes will hopefully make writing thank-yous an easy task for our Mommy-to-Be. :-)
2. The Big Momma Purse Game: Guests gather in teams of 2-3 at their table for a purse scavenger hunt.
3. Pregnant with Anticipation Estimation: Guests pass around balls of yarn and cut an estimated circumference of Ena's belly. When I read about this game, it was reccomended that you ask the mother-to-be if she is comfortable with people guessing her waistline. I was pretty sure I knew Ena well enough to know that she is a very open person, but I asked her anyway. She responded by telling me if I wanted, people could guess the circumference of her growing bustline as well. Ahh, Ena. I love you!
Oh, and of course we gave away lots of prizes!
FOOD: I had nothing to do with the food, but I feel like I should include this since it's pretty essential to any social event. The two other ladies in charge of that did an incredible job; punch, cherry tarts, meatballs, veggie tray, hummus dip w/pita chips... and a beautiful cake!
Most importantly, everyone seemed to relax and enjoy themselves and Ena recieved many generous gifts to prepare her for the adventure that awaits!
~Some old peg board in our attic + paint = some direction for our guests~
~My mom made these chocolate-filled favors for all 30 guests~
~I found these paper lanterns at Target (pack of 10 for $20). I didn't attach them to the strung lights, but hung each lantern from a string. I thought about decoupaging tissue paper flowers to the lanterns, but decided to keep it simple.
The tissue paper flowers on the right were the center-pieces. A bit time-consuming, but definitely low-cost! I found some dainty branches~these are fallen dogwood branches (no trees were harmed in the making of these centerpieces!) Any delicate fruit-bearing branches work well. Then I cut out five-petal origami flowers from a few shades of pink tissue paper. I poked them unto the ends of the branches and pinched the base of the flower with craft glue, stuck them in my drinking glasses and *WHA-LA*~
~Ena's sister-in-law made this beautiful fondant cherry blossom cake to go with our theme~

~This was made by folding layers of tissue paper accordian-style, rounding the edges. A bobby pin was in the center to hold it together, and then the layers were fluffed up. I love the idea of combining two of them together to make a pom-pom to hang~





No comments:
Post a Comment