
![]()
Once or twice a week I try to do a little "lesson" with John-Paul inspired by http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/. Yesterday, during Ezra's nap, we talked about winter and everything that goes along with it. We sang "This is the way we put on our mittens, put on our mittens, put on our mittens..." got all bundled up, and went outside to face the elements... for about fifteen minutes, at least! We tromped around in the snow for a bit, and "painted" the snow with food coloring-tinted water in a spray bottle. He thought it was the best. I only wished I 'd found more bottles so we could have used more colors! We found a fine chunk of ice which had frozen in his sled and brought it in the house for our science experiment (watching warm air change ice into water!) As the ice chunk began to melt in it's little bowl, we peeled off our coats, mittens and hats and cozied upwith some hot Ovaltine :-) I think Ezra's naptime is JP's favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment