Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gingerbread with Lemon Glaze.

Hello, again!
So... it's been awhile since I've posted.  That's because I'm still feeling the after-Christmas, New-Year-numbness that I always do.  And even though I have a lot of ideas, a lot of things in the works, (ie: redecorating our bedroom, planning curriculum for private art lessons for kids, organizing the playroom, finding a way to bring more color into our living room, etc.)  those will all take TIME.  Until those things come together I'm just going to share things like:
How to make box mix of gingerbread from Trader Joe's.
When we were in Michigan I took my kids grocery shopping (a normally dreaded chore) with my best friend and her kids at Trader Joe's and I had FUN.  This tells you two things; I always have fun when I'm with Dana, and I love and dearly miss Trader Joe's!
Today I decided to make this gingerbread mix I'd bought.


You can do the same thing.  Just buy the box mix, then follow the directions.  How's that for a DIY?
While the bread was baking, I had my boys help me stir together about 1 part lemon juice with 1 part powdered sugar to make a little extra sweetness to top off the bread (oh, shoot, another resolution down the drain... ha!) But really... it just makes it taste soo much better with that lemon glaze ;-) It turns gingerbread into ginger CAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment