Hi, Friends!
So, it's been about a year since we moved in! I can't believe how the time has flown and how many changes we've made to our home. I guess we had too many ideas pent up from the renting years to pace ourselves much on the projects! Since last week-end, we have painted walls in our bedroom for first time in three years! It's so nice to have something other than white on the walls- I thought the contrast between the white walls and black furniture seemed so cold. I picked out the color "London Smoke" from Valspar (sold at Lowe's). I think it will be a pretty color to accent with either coral, plum, olive green, or golden yellow. And since I change my mind every other week, I wanted a color that would give me some accessory options to switch around.
The day I took these photos was overcast and I had trouble trying to capture the color just right, but I think the photos are pretty true to the color of our room.
Here's the only 'before' I have of our bedroom! Wish I'd taken some with our black furniture in there and piles of dirty laundry... but this is all I've got! At least you can see the wall color and wallpaper at the top.
My dad took down the wallpaper during one of his visits because he's the best dad in the world, and Dave put up crown molding because he's patient and awesome.
*Still waiting for another curtain panel on that window. I've been waiting for Target to restock but it's taking forever. Sort of makes me miss the days when there were eight or more Targets within a ten mile radius from my house. Hard to believe, but totally true.
*Just want to point out that wooden box in my nightstand. Dave made it for me while we were dating to hold all the cards, notes, and ticket stubs from our time together :-) oh, and the paint looks a little lighter here because I used my flash. oh, and i'm on to book #2 in the Hunger Game series.
*Close up of the crown molding.
*Target pillow
*Target curtain panel... alot like one I bought from West Elm a few years ago, but a lot nicer price!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really want our bedroom to be a little sanctuary where we are reminded how much we love each other. I want it to reflect our story, our commitment to one another, where we've been and where we dream of going. My next step is putting up some meaningful pictures:
*a framed love letter...
*framed maps (tweaked pinterest idea): where we met (snowboarding near Traverse City, MI), where we 'mooned (St.Lucia), where we live (Virginia)...Still waiting to get some photos printed of us in front of all four houses we've lived in during our 6.5 years of marriage! Can't wait to figure out what and where to hang things and our little love den will be complete! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment